Sunday, December 18, 2011

TEBOW!! even I am on board

Why do a lot of people want to get mad that NFL fans are rooting for Tim Tebow? He went to the Univ. of Florida, so everything in me wants to dislike him. When he was in college, I figured he was your typical look at me pray while I get drunk and get it on with Gator hotties every weekend. It turns out, from all indications, he is a genuinely really good guy and lives out his faith. So, we decide to root for him instead of Sam Hurd (former Chicago Bear recently charged with major drug dealing). We root for him over a league filled with rapists, murderers, DUIers and women beaters. We root for him over the Patriots, a franchise famous for illegally filming other team’s practices. We root for him because he gets a lot of it done with sheer will versus a perfect throwing motion. We root for him because his teammates seem to play harder for him than that Kyle Orton guy. So, hate him if you want. I used to, but I just wanted to give you the reasons why most of us are pulling for him and why I converted. Good guys don’t have to finish last…but can they beat the Patriots?? Would anyone be surprised if this season ended with Tebow winning the Super Bowl, then ripping off his helmet after the game and then ascending to heaven? I kid, I kid.
Tangent 1: Wish I would have posted this earlier, because I had a pretty strong feeling the Packers would lose today for two reasons:
1. As soon as every pundit claims you have no chance of losing at all usually teams come out flat. Not to mention the Chiefs listened all week to people telling them they were bums.
2. The Packers spent all week answering questions about will they rest players when, not if, they clinch home field throughout on Sunday. Rodgers even replied, “No, we haven’t talked about that. We will find out soon though.” What he should have said is, “That is not even a concern for us. All we are thinking about is the Chiefs.” I know it is just words, but it reveals a mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment